AirRanger is a solution born in partnership with the ice industry, which can quickly and easily be installed into any ice merchandiser. Once installed, AirRanger connects to the internet, onboards itself and starts streaming real-time telemetry data about the ice merchandiser’s capacity and temperature. Dispatching teams can simply log into their AirData IOT portal and determine which locations need to be replenished based on how much actual ice is in the merchandiser vs. tradition static routing methodologies. The end results are more streamlined operations, increased revenue per delivery, and cost diversion/reduction because you are only stopping at locations that truly need replenishment, ultimately leading to more satisfied customers.
According to Statista and Business Insider, the average driver salary has increased 75%, and diesel fuel costs have increased $1.30 per gallon (or 51%) over the past 12 months. It is imperative that ice companies find new ways of delighting their customers by dispatching product where and when is it needed, not based on static routing models. By turning dispatching into a real-time method, AirData IOT projects that ice companies can realize an OPEX reduction of approximately 30%, while at the same time increasing revenue by 26%, paying for the system in no time (reference Model 1).
AirRanger: How it Works
The Last Mile is Critical
The ice industry in the US is over 150 years old and is marked with numerous periods of innovation from refrigeration to automated ice generation and robotic pelleting systems. The last mile of the ice industry is the last bastion of innovation to occur and once complete, will create and end-to-end streamlined process from generation to delivery.
AirRanger offers a reliable means to gain real-time insights into your merchandiser fleet from anywhere with these features:
- Accurate. Laser technology for up to 1⁄4 inch+- accuracy.
- Easy to install. 10-minute install with multiple way to mount sensors inside merchandisers.
- Rugged. Water resistant device and sensors.
- Warranty. 5-year limited hardware warranty.
- Multi-Merch capable. Modular design allows side-by-side merchandiser installs reducing costs.
- Privacy. No data sharing across tenants.
- Connectivity. 4G LTE connectivity with optional built-in external antenna for rural connectivity.
- Analytics. Use of advanced analytics to provide days to 25% metrics and more to come.
AirData Integration Services
For seamless operations, AirData IOT is committed to partnering with the dispatch/routing vendors of your choice to integrate our data and build a seamless user experience.
- Routing Application Integration. Automatic or One-Click dispatch.
- Continuous Improvement. AirRanger is built on the latest hardware, communications and software technologies allowing for continuous over-the-air updates when issues arise or customers have new requirements.
- Advanced Routing. Automated dispatching capabilities are in flight.
Let’s Delight Customers Together
Internet of Things (IOT) technologies are lowering the barriers to entry for ice companies to take advances of the same technology usually reserved to the fortune 500. AirData IOT’s business mantra has always been “IOT is not just for large companies” it should be accessible and affordable to business of all shapes and sizes. We look forward to partnering with you to help improve your operations and impact on your business.
AirRanger: The Solution
Built on Experience
Automatic ICE™ Systems, an AirData IOT Partner, is a leading provider of comprehensive ice products and services with over 40 years of experience providing integrated solutions and services to ice producers, including specialty, ice producer equipment, ice merchandisers and other products ice producers need. Our unique approach to working with ice producers, now combined with AirData IOT, can provide the end-to-end ice solutions taking the industry into the 21st century.
AirRanger cost is $299* per device, monthly service fees start as low as $5.95*/mo, contact your AIS sales representative for additional fleet volume discounts.
*Excludes shipping and tax.